FREE Tax Prep!
Hard-working families earning less than $57,000 in 2012 qualify for this program. Make sure you get the tax credits you have earned and avoid losing hundreds of dollars in tax preparation fees and "rapid refunds" by visiting a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site in your neighborhood. You might even be eligible for an earned income tax credit (EITC). Click here for details regarding these credits.
VITA sites around Williamson County provide low-income working families with free tax preparation and filing and links to other financial opportunities. Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) volunteers are trained and certified by the IRS. For questions or to schedule an appointment, call the VITA Hotline (615) 830-7940
NEW File From Home Option
United Way of Williamson County now has a free, online link MY FREE TAXES so you can file your tax return from your home!
Here are United Way's VITA locations and hours.
- Williamson County Library
1314 Columbia Avenue
Franklin, TN 37064
Wed. 4pm - 7:30pm; Sat. 9am -12pm
Self-Help Kiosk: Mondays 9:30am - 12:30pm
- Fairview Public Library
2240 Fairview Blvd
Fairview, TN 37062
Thurs. 2 - 6pm; Sat. 9am -1pm
- FiftyForward College Grove
Community Recreation Building
8607 Horton Highway
College Grove, TN 37046
By appointment only: Thursdays Call (615) 830-7940
- GraceWorks Ministries
104 Southeast Parkway Suite 100
Franklin, TN 37064
Tuesdays and Thursdays 9am - 4pm
What should I bring with me to have my tax return prepared?
To qualify, you must meet certain requirements and file a U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. Plan to bring these items:
- Proof of identification
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package if you received one
- Wage and earning statement(s) For W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number)